Materials: Colored construction Paper, Pencils, Sharpies, Tape
- Think of as many positive affirmations as you can. Feel free to use these sites for inspiration: Eating Disorder Affirmations, Self Affirmations, Positive Affirmations, Self-Esteem Affirmations, Affirmations for Self-Love.
- Use each piece of construction paper to write down your affirmations: we recommend you use one affirmation per paper.
- After all the affirmations are written and decorated, tape all the papers together in a quilt-like fashion
- Tape the quilt to a wall, door, or anywhere where it can visibly be seen! Use it as a
reminder of all the greatness life has to offer and all the positive qualities you have ❤
Mirror Mirror on the Wall
Materials: Poster Paper/Construction Paper, Scissors, Pencil, tape, Colored Pencils/Markers/Crayons/etc.
- Think about all the positive qualities that you value in yourself and those that you would like to remind yourself that you have! Write them down.
- Add several positive affirmations to your list: ex. “I deserve happiness”, “I value myself”, “I love myself”, etc.
- Use your poster paper/construction paper to create 3-D or bubble-lettered drawings of the words and phrases that you have on your list.
- Use your scissors to cut out each word/phrase.
- Decorate each word/phrase.
- Use your tape to post the words/phrases around your mirror.
- Whenever you look in the mirror, read your positive affirmations and valued qualities to remind yourself how great and deserving you are ❤
Materials: Wall, Paper, Pencil, Eraser, Decorating Utensils (Sharpies, Markers, Pens, etc.)
- Think about a word, phrase, or positive affirmation(s) that motivates or inspires you
- Use your paper and pencil to sketch the word, phrase, or positive affirmation(s) (you will be using this as a blueprint for when you go to draw on your wall)
- Take your pencil and (BIG) eraser and find a large, empty wall space that you can write on
- Write/Draw your word, phrase, or positive affirmation(s) on the wall: we recommend that you use as much space as possible – the wall is your canvas!
- Decorate your writing/drawing or leave it black and white
- When you walk into your room, always look and read your word, phrase, positive affirmation(s) to motivate and inspire yourself ❤